Did someone say Challenge?

For the next 365 days I plan to post daily pictures of something that made me smile.
I have lots of reasons to smile and I can thank my wonderful Husband and Daughter for that! I can post thousands of pictures and write a million blogs about them but I want dig a little deeper and find beauty in every corner of my life.
Like everyone else my life is not with out its challenges and sometimes I have to remind myself to ''Stop and smell the roses' as the saying goes.
Im just your normal mother and housewife who has found herself caught up in day to day duties and struggles of housewivery? Is that a word? anyway! That is why I chose this subject for my blog. I wont be to posting 'Selfies' non stop and I dont pretend to be a full on photograger. You wont find any pholosophical insights or any political or religeous babble here!
Im sure some days I wont feel like smiling, non the less posting, but I will push through!
Why not post your own reason to smile?
Be it a wonderful view, or a view of a loved ones. Perhaps its a pile of laundry that is nothing to smile about, lets face it, but isn't it still a reason to be thankful for? Thankful for having clothes to wear and wash and thankful for having loved ones to wash them for?!
I think there is beauty all around us and with bit or imagination and persistance we can fill the next 365 days with love.
What made me smile today?
Lets see...
So.. get posting

Friday, November 18, 2016

An Avocado a Day keeps the Doctor away!

 Avocado must be one of my favorite things! 
Except for Chocolate, its one food I often crave. I'll be eating a normal ol salad and imagine it better with a slice or two of Avo thrown in.

I grew up eating Avos, lots of Avos. We even had Avos growing in the garden They are quite common in South Africa, and they don't cost an arm and a leg as they do here.
They are delicious just the way they are. I could eat them from the skin with just a pinch of salt and pepper, or on a slice of buttered toast... I love them on Pizza's. Its my favorite when I''m back home! Gosh now I'm just about frothing at the mouth for one!
My lovely husband buys me some every now and then when he sees them in the grocery store.

I don't share it with my family anymore as they don't appreciate it! All they do is push it around the plate. Its a waste of perfectly good Avo. They just don't get it!
So my hubby got me this Avo when he wen't shopping over the weekend. I've been waiting for almost a week for this one to get ripe enough to eat. One side wasn't completely ripe but I just couldn't wait any more! I came home from my walk. Starving.
Stella's at school.
Engin's at work... perfect!
I threw the greens into the bowl, lettuce, parsley, roka. Anything I could find. Chopped up some cucumber and tomatoes. A squeeze of lemon juice. Salt, pepper, olive oil. Then I grabbed a fresh green chilli and chopped that in as well. Lastly I roughly chopped in the Avo.
I was impatient now.. I didn't even wait until I got to the table. I ate half of it standing in the kitchen. ThenIi calmed down and sat at the table like a civilized person and finished the whole bowl... I basically gobbled it up without breathing..
It was delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment